Thursday, October 9, 2008

Yurt so cool!


"YURT" - a circular domed dwelling that is portable and self-supporting.


I just got back last night from a Yurt camping trip near Walden, CO.  The yurt was sort of like a cabin, but more like a permanent tent. Like a tent cabin.  And with 4 young kids, it was a circus.  Like a circus tent... cabin... thing.  Anyway, it was a new experience for me, and I love to experience new things.

The colors in northern Colorado were at their peak = a photographer's feast.  I shot all day while frolicking through the woods with my wife and kids.




The crackle of the wood burning stove would fade and I'd have to rekindle the fire throughout the night while shooting 40 minute exposures of the night sky.

It sounds like work, but it really was a vacation.  You can see more pictures from the trip on a separate blog I'll write next.

I'd like to thank our dear friends, the Hasners, for setting up a trip with their family and ours.  I had no idea how cool this would be!

No comments: