Friday, October 24, 2008

Groundwork

Yesterday, I spent most of the day doing the not-so-glamourous part of what I do when I visit NYC... making lots of phone calls and connections confirming and laying the groundwork for my meetings, most which are taking place on Monday.

 I did have the pleasure of meeting on old friend from Boulder.  Lauren Jones is a clothing designer who modeled for me many times in Denver and is now attending Parsons.  

I didn't shoot much today, but on my way home I ran into a beautiful Jamaican folk artist named Monique Fagan Smith.  The colors of her fabrics and the contrasting color of the cool blue sky light mixed with the warm reflection of light off a building stopped me in my tracks. I loved the mix of cool and warm light, each on one side of the face.

No comments: