Saturday, March 1, 2008

The Good Soldier


I shot the March 20th cover and a spread for Westword Magazine for art director Jay Vollmar. The story was about how many veterans of the war in Iraq are not getting the medical benefits they deserve and how one man, Andrew Pogany, is fighting for their rights. When Jay asked if I would be interested in the story I jumped on board. I shot a still life for the cover and a few people who's lives have been effected by the injuries in the war. I photographed Teresa in Colorado Springs... her husband had a brain injury that is internal and is effecting his temperament. She is left to run all the aspects of their home while he is in a hospital in California. She learned recently that he may never leave the hospital.



These young kids are coming back with major baggage and their stories need to be heard. Andrew Pogany is representing injured troops who are not getting the help they deserve.

No comments: