Thursday, March 13, 2008

Charles Carlson for Bicycling Magazine



Stacey from Bicycling Magazine has been so kind to me... You rock Stacey! Here's another fun assignment. Charles Carlson rides 500 miles a week... often from Boulder to Rocky Mountain National Park (and back)- a 100 mile solo ride with 10,000 ft. of elevation gain in 5 hours. The guy is FAST. In fact, he could be one of the best racers in the country, but he says he loves cycling too much. He does it just for the love of it.

I was asked to photograph Charles riding and looking fast, combined with a portrait. Right up my alley. I love assignments like this. I spent part of an afternoon dangling out the back of a truck photographing a really cool guy getting his workout. Of all the celebrity athletes I shoot, I have to say cyclists are the nicest. Thanks Charles for a great day and some dynamic images!

Here are some production stills compliments of my assistant Randall




No comments: