Monday, September 29, 2008

What do you do when your shoot gets rained out?


Keep shooting! I just got back from a trip to Kenosha Pass to photograph Tough Girl rider Andi Holste. Everything was perfect. Blue skies, yellow aspen trees... a beautiful sight that only lasts a short season and then it's gone. After hauling a ton of gear to this site I had scouted years ago, we got hit with one of those sudden Colorado storms. Experience has taught me to keep shooting and deal with it later. I was cold and miserable on the outside and jumping for joy inside. I didn't even have to pay for a rain truck for this shot! You never know when a little unexpected weather will give you a little unexpected "coolness-factor" to your photo. Keep on shooting... that's what I say.

Here's what the shoot started with... notice the looming dark cloud approaching over Andi's right shoulder.

No comments: