Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Studio "Progress"

A lot of friends and clients are asking how the new studio is coming along. I'll bring you up to date.


I don't know if you call it progress. Maybe I'm your average "I'm so frustrated my construction progress is taking so long" guy- but this seems ridiculous. Our timing really got beat around by the holidays and city red tape. I had hoped to be in the studio by now, but it just ain't so. To give you an example of the city stuff I'm dealing with... we have to have an approved drinking water fountain in the studio. (Did I tell you I have a phobia about water fountains?  I try to stay away from them.  And I have to spend $$$$ to install one in the studio.  Argh.)

Anyway, our last rough inspection passed today and we can now put on the drywall, which was delivered today. Things should really speed up from here.

2 comments:

Suzie said...

geeze, i can't believe i haven't seen it yet. i'd like to get over there sometime so i can have some 'before' memories. how exciting. i hope things speed up.

Anonymous said...

The beams and ceiling is looking great! I can't wait to see it all finished...BIG PARTY in the future...I can tell.

Nicole